Express Publisher Deborah Anderson was working late Monday night when the 1000 Main St. building’s smoke and alarms went off Monday, June 15. Smelling and observing smoke in the hall, she called 911 to report it, unlocked the front door, and waited outside. Hanson’s Fire and Police Departments ‘did an excellent job assessing and taking control of the situation,’ she said. ‘When I looked back inside, smoke was heavier and all along the ceiling.’ Fire crews had to cut a hole in the floor of the office unit at the right, above, to put the fire out.
You are here: / / Where there’s smokes, there’s fire (in the Express office building)