“I have enjoyed working with everyone,” Plympton Town Clerk Tara Shaw said as she announced this week that she will be leaving the position as of April 1, “ from the people who come into my office, to the good friends I have made through work at the Town House.
“This is such a wonderful town,” she continued. “I remember the day when my children were home alone for the first time while I went to work at the Town House. I asked the patrolman on duty if he would drive past the house to reassure them.”
“Everyone in this town takes care of everybody. And that’s how I thought about my job as Town Clerk. It was always worthwhile.”
The two years remaining for her term will be on the ballot for the annual town election May 18. Assistant Town Clerk Patricia “Tricia” Detterman has taken out nomination papers for the position.
There will be 14 open seats on the ballot:
• 1 Selectman, 3 years
• 1 Board of Assessor, 3 years
• 1 Board of Health Member, 3 years
• 2 Board of Library Trustees, 2 years
• 1 Board of Library Trustee, 3 years
• 2 Finance Committee Members, 3 years
• 1 Moderator, 3 years
• 1 Planning Board Member, 5 years
• 1 Planning Board Member, 3 years
• 1 Plympton School Committee, 3 years
• 1 Silver Lake Regional School Committee, 2 years
•1 Town Clerk, 2 years
Nomination papers are available in the Town Clerk’s Office at the Plympton Town House during regular business hours, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Monday evenings, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The last day to submit nomination papers with at least 22 signatures is Friday, March 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
The last day to object or withdraw nomination papers is Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
Papers that have been pulled as of Tuesday, March 5, 2019:
• 1 SL Regional School Committee, 2 years, Michael Antoine
• 1 Planning Board, 3 years, John Schmid
• 1 Board of Library Trustees, 3 years, incumbent Christine Winslow
• 1 Finance Committee, 3 years, incumbent Steven Lewis
• 1 Town Clerk, 2 years, Patricia Detterman
There are only three weeks to take out nomination papers and return them to the Town Clerk to be included/printed on the ballot.
Please consider serving the town in one of these positions.