PLYMPTON – The Plympton Community Preservation Committee (C.P.C.) is currently accepting applications for the FY2017 funding year. Deadline for completed applications is October 15.
Projects funded in prior years include
• a safe in the Town Clerk’s office to archive important historical records;
• new insulation for the Plympton Historical Society building at 189 Main St.;
• a comprehensive drainage system to solve a chronic wet basement in the Plympton Library;
• funds to acquire and improve the 11-acre parcel on Main Street now known as Churchill Park which offers access to the abutting 87 acre parcel known as Cato’s Ridge thereby forming a large natural preserve with walking trails;
• improvements at Harry Jason Park to make it more accessible for family and recreational use;
• the installation of a chairlift in the Plympton Historical Society Building;
• renovation of the old Winnetuxet swimming hole into a recreational area; and
• facilitating the donation of O’Neil Marsh on Ring Road which offers additional access to Cato’s Ridge.
Project guidelines and applications can be found on the Plympton town website at http://www.town.plympton.ma.us/community-preservation-committee.
Click on “Documents” at the left hand side of the web page to bring up the Plympton Community Preservation Plan which includes the application and criteria.
Applications are also available at the Town House and at the Plympton Public Library.
Questions can be addressed by contacting C.P.C. Chair Mark Russo at Mrusso2@msn.com.